Fontainebleau State Park, Mandeville, Louisiana

I stopped and stayed at Fontainebleau State Park at Mandeville, LA on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain.

One last stop at Café Du Monde in Mandeville before arriving at camp for coffee and beignets as a preview to my visit to New Orleans:


Set up at Fontainebleau:


Fishing Pier on Lake Pontchartrain and other sights nearby:





The Tammany Trace, a 30 mile Rails to Trails path, crosses Fontainebleau State Park so I went for a bike ride.  These are a few photos from my outing on the trail.







http://www.tammanytrace.org/files/Trace_Map_2021.pdf

Comments

  1. Lovely area, although I don't know about the alligators! Just a little sugar on the beignets . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Alice about the alligators! Any swimmers were duly warned. Your campsite looked very good sized. Have you met many people at the campgrounds? Campers are usually friendly people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. I applaud you for eating such a variety of foods. My digestive system would revolt!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment