Tucson, Arizona and thereabouts

Picacho Peak State Park

En route to Tuscon from Prescott I stopped at Picacho Peak State Park to see some of the early wildflowers in bloom.  I walked one of the easy trails and took these pictures. I passed on taking the trail that goes up to the peak and has cables to hold onto to keep yourself from falling!






Tucson

In Tucson I visited my cousin Mary who took me to the Arizona - Sonora Desert Museum and Saguaro National Park West.  The following day we visited Saguaro National Park East, one park on each side of the city devoted to the iconic Saguaro Cactus forests!













 

After enjoying the desert scenery Mary and I had lunch at El Charro CafĂ©, a Tucson restaurant that goes back to 1922.  ¡Fantástico!



And, I rode my bike to The Loop Trail, starting from my RV site at Catalina State Park in Oro Valley north of Tucson. It's a great multi use trail, and the loop itself is nearly 54 miles around. I just had time to ride a bit of The Loop before heading back to my starting point!



















Comments

  1. What a great trip Ken …thanks for all the pictures ..I will say hi to the class from you …Love Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Great time of year to visit. (Joan)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got to visit with Mary and saw more beautiful terrain and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken, you got to see so many of the AZ wildflowers! Excellent! And El Charro, also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great pictures! Thanks so much for sharing. Looks like you and Mary were having a good time and Excellent lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a life! drive, walk, ride, eat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so amazing! Chris and I love Arizona and your pics inspire us to go back! I love the desert museum and am so glad you got to visit it! Amazing cactus blooms… just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you hit the spring flowering season right on the button. Such beautiful photos. It's fun to see how your trip progresses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment