Arrived at Grand Canyon National Park

After arriving and getting set up at Trailer Village in Grand Canyon National Park there was time to go see the Canyon before sunset!


A greeter here at Trailer Village:


I went to Shoshone Point for sunset, a spot that isn't included in stops on the shuttle bus route.  Few visitors go there because (under good conditions) it's about a 20 minute walk from parking to the rim of the canyon.  Snow and mud made the going a little slower for me.


I encountered perhaps 10 people on the way out to Shoshone Point including this couple.  Everyone said it was worth the walk to see the views.


I was the only one there to see the changing colors as sunset approached:












Well, maybe I spoke too soon when I said I was the only one there...




Comments

  1. Nice choice for a place to see the sunset. RB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!!! Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing. The last time I was at the Grand Canyon was 30 years ago, with Jan Ellis. We had driven her mom's Chinook.

      Delete
    2. Wow that is beautiful! Great snowman too!

      Delete
  2. What beautiful views. It probably felt good to go for a walk as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment