Zion Canyon Scenic Drive and Watchman Campground

I arrived this afternoon at Zion National Park from Lake Mead with enough time to park my trailer at Watchman Campground and walk to the shuttle bus that goes up Zion Canyon Scenic Drive.

As I approached Zion the terrain changed dramatically, and the cloudy skies started to rain a bit.  The rain picked up as I took the shuttle and got off a few times to take pictures, then rain became more steady as I got back to my campsite.

A few photos from Watchman Campground starting with my site:










And some photos from stops along the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive...  Visitors aren't allowed to drive this route and must take the shuttle to 8 stops along the route from the Visitors Center.  Bicycle are allowed, but I was too late to get started on the bike (and it was raining by then!)









Comments

  1. Looks good Ken. Will follow your journey from here in the Land of Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done some hiking in Zion National Park and it is beautiful. Will you be going to Bryce Canyon too? I thought that area was stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had planned to go to Bryce but winter weather (snow, low temperatures, and poor travel conditions) prompted me to wait and visit there another time!

      Delete

Post a Comment