Pinehurst, North Carolina

My sister Jan flew from her home in the Seattle area to North Carolina to visit family there with me.  She arrived a day ahead of me to stay with cousin Patti and her husband Jamie at their home in Pinehurst.

Jan and I went on a driving tour of the Pinehurst area with Patti & Jamie, and then we explored Sandhills Horticultural Gardens.


Posing for photos, checking out flowers and the Gardens:








At the Sir Walter Raleigh Fountain in the Gardens:








We enjoyed dinner at Pinehurst Brewing Company!  What else but BBQ and some local brews?


I had a site for my trailer at the Airport RV Park by the airstrip in Carthage, not far from Pinehurst.  The Pik N Pig, a highly recommended BBQ place, is also at the airstrip, but is open limited hours and I missed getting a chance to sample more local BBQ before heading on to the Raleigh, NC area!



Comments

  1. I, too, would visit every botanical garden I could! And relatives... fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weeping blue atlas cedar is quite different. I wonder how it does in the wild. Looks like you, Jan, Patti and Jamie had some good times and good eats together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment