New Orleans

I drove over the causeway across Lake Pontchartrain to get from Fontainebleau State Park to New Orleans.

Following my cousin Michael's advice, I parked on Saint Charles Avenue near the Milton Latter Library and walked from there to Audubon Park to begin my tour around town.


I bought a Jazzy Pass one-day pass for transit on the trolley, bus, and ferry system, and boarded one of the green trolley cars that run up and down Saint Charles Avenue.  I took it to the north end of the line and walked along Carrollton Avenue for a while before getting on a bus to pick up the Mid-City trolley line.




The Mid-City trolley took me up to the end of that line at the Cemetery District and I spent some time walking around the Metairie Cemetery and Greenwood Cemetery.







I rode the trolley down from the Cemetery District through town to the waterfront and walked to the French Quarter where I spent most of the afternoon.




A lot of folks were in town on Saturday afternoon.  There was music on the street, art for sale, and plenty of fortune tellers offering their services near Jackson Square.






After a lunch break for Red Beans & Rice with Andouille Sausage I visited the Historic New Orleans Collection and learned about the history of the French Quarter.








Then it was back on the green line trolley up Saint Charles Avenue to where I parked when I reached New Orleans.





Comments

  1. That was quite a cemetery! I imagine you could spend some time there. I enjoy your short clips. When I hear Dixieland Jazz I always think of Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nancy, the cemetery extraordinary! Definitely some history there. I thot of Mom and Dad too when I heard the jazz clip. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you go in the library? It looks like it has been there a very long time. I, too, enjoy your little video clips. The cemetery plots are amazing. Such extravagance and variety. Looks like you had another good weather day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you run into the ghost of Easy Rider?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment